It’s shallow… but it’s the truth – your looks matter. You don’t only need to brand and dress-up your products and business, you need to also brand and dress-up yourself. From BusinessWeek Online‘s Dress The Part Of A Leader:
- Look better than everyone else – Dress to impress.
- Get the right fit – Not too tall, short, tight, loose… but just right!
- Flatter yourself – Does this make me look…?
- Be well-heeled – Shoes.
- Spend more for quality – “Good thing no cheap, cheap thing no good.”
- Steer clear of distractions – Watch out for excessive bling.
- Be culture-appropriate – Stick out… but not like a sore thumb.
- Give your best shot – Your photos must be consistent with your overall image.