Great article on how to engage in advertising via Twitter. Even includes a guide to a few Twitter Advertising Startups for reference, followed by 8 tips on how to make sponsored tweets work. I have my questions – but I’ll post a reaction once I’ve figured things out a little better. Meanwhile, enjoy the tips – caveat emptor.
- Protect your reputation.
- Beware of systems based on pay-per-click.
- Clear transparency and disclosure are important.
- Ads perform better on smaller networks.
- Go beyond a simple product pitch.
- Ads should be conversational.
- Beware of fake Twitter accounts and spammers.
- Too many sponsored tweets will turn off followers.
Full article here.