I have a position open for candidates who are interested to pursue design and branding experience from “the Client’s perspective” – in this case, a bank based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The opportunity requires someone who can wear several hats and function in an “executive” role – besides doing basic design work (hence, strong communication skills – written, spoken in English, Bahasa Malaysia and, preferably, Chinese). Candidates also stand to chalk up significant rebranding experience for their long-term career aspirations.
Please email your resume to me personally at leigh316[at]yahoo[dot]com if you are interested in the position. I would appreciate it if you could include your current and expected remuneration requirements.
Please also forward this to others you feel are suitable.
(Job requirements after the jump)
Executive – Branding & Marketing Communications
The Executive – Branding & Marketing Communications is a technical and functional specialist in the area of visual branding for Corporate, Branch and Product-related communications collaterals. He/she is responsible for:
- Branding consistency via ensuring that all marketing and customer communication materials of the Group are compliant to Branding guidelines and processes
- In-house Creative/Collateral Support Services capabilities to ensure cost efficiency and turnaround time
- Supporting the Manager – Branding & Marketing Communications in his/her role for Corporate and Product-related initiatives for responsibilities under the purview of Corporate Communications
- Ensures branding consistency of communication collaterals according to Corporate and Communications Identity related guidelines, processes and policies
- Ensures that all Corporate and Communications guidelines are compliant with those of regulators (e.g. Bank Negara Malaysia, Bursa, etc.) and partners (e.g. PIDM, VISA, MasterCard, etc.)
- Custodian of Group branding and communication elements, including but not limited to softcopies of logo files and marketing communications materials
2. In-House Creative/Collateral Support Services
- Technical and functional resource for in-house Creative/Collateral Support Services capabilities to ensure cost efficiency and turnaround time
3. Marketing Communications Strategic Support & Relationship Management
- Assist in Relationship Manager role to specified Group Business Division – i.e. Group Consumer Banking (GCB), liaising with the Head of GCB as well as relevant GCB Heads of Departments, for responsibilities under the purview of Corporate Communications
4. All other related tasks as necessary
Minimum Qualification Required: Diploma/Basic Degree – Graphic Design/Art/Communications/related
Minimum Experience required: 0-2 years in Graphic Design/Communications/Marketing-related positions in Creative Agency or Corporate settings. Experience in Banking/Financial Services-related industries is an advantage.
- Soft Skills
- Interpersonal/Relationship Management
- Conceptual and Analytical
- Time Management – Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Initiative (Proactively identifies opportunities)
- Graphic Design
- Branding and Integrated Marketing Communications perspective
- Banking product, regulatory and industry knowledge – e.g. Consumer and Business products, Conventional and Islamic banking concepts, Bank Negara/Information Ministry Guidelines, etc.
- Language, written and spoken: English, Bahasa Malaysia (Chinese is a definite plus)
- Computer skills: Windows platform, MS Office Suite, Internet research, Apple Mac platform, Adobe Creative Suite
Whom the candidate is expected to deal with:
- Group business unit departments at HQ –relevant marketing personnel
- Group support unit departments at HQ – especially related to tactical execution of branding- and marketing-related initiatives, e.g. Procurement & Administration, GIT, etc.
- Regulators and Partners: e.g. Bank Negara Malaysia, Bursa Malaysia, Securities Commission, Information Ministry of Malaysia, PIDM, VISA, MasterCard, etc.
- Customers – across all Group business divisions
- General public – via mass and targeted media, prospects/potential customers
- Vendors/Suppliers: Creative agencies, PR agencies, media agencies, market research agencies
Other Job Requirement(s): Travelling, including overnight stays, as and when required