Techcrunch has an interesting article on how you can customise your Facebook fan page so that you can reach social media god-hood. Helpful if you’re a brand that wants to “trailblaze” the social media landscape via Facebook (Is social media still considered “new” media and “new” enough to have trailblazers!?).
- It is not easy building a successfully engaging Facebook Fan Page.
- It requires planning, time, some kind of HTML knowledge, design skill, and imagination. Originality is helpful.
- Leverage your Fan Page Profile Pic – it can go up to 200 x 600 pixels!
- Customise your tabs
- Add/integrate your other social media channels via tabs – Twitter, Foursquare, etc.
- Highlight your team members in the tabs
- MOST IMPORTANTLY – PARTICIPATE IN YOUR STREAM! (That’s the whole point to what it means to be “engaging”!)