In the course of figuring something out, I came across some helpful free book summary resources. I’m putting this here to share them with you, and as a bookmark for myself. 🙂
- Deconstructing Excellence – A good start with free, detailed, and high quality summaries that incorporates other books and online resources related to the authors’ points. Summaries average 8-12 pages.
- Actionable Books – Not comprehensive, but quite user-friendly. Helpful for browsing if you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for.
- Derek Sivers – Books I’ve read – Derek Sivers’ notes on the books he read. Notes are free form and not in a summary format; but there’s a good number of books covered.
- WikiSummaries – An average selection of books from multiple genres. Given that it’s a wiki, your mileage may vary.
- Book Video Club – Helpful video summaries. It isn’t able to go into detail, but the videos are decent in quality and cover the main points.