In what feels like a blink of an eye, one year has passed since I started my trip with Uber (or, in Uber-speak, this is my first Uberversary)!
At my interview, I said I wanted to join the most interesting company in the world… and, boy, what a breathtaking ride it’s been so far!
I’ve been blessed with amazing colleagues, and we are working together to solve some of the most interesting problems in the world today. Some of these opportunities are unprecedented and groundbreaking; we’re writing the playbooks as we go along because there are none. Some of these opportunities also defy convention – we’re rewriting the rules that have long been overdue for an overhaul.
Among some of my proudest moments in the past year alone has been:
- Launching app features for the deaf and hard-of-hearing driver-partners in Singapore and Malaysia
- Delivering puppies throughout Singapore (and winning an award for it)
- Getting a shoutout from the Prime Minister of Malaysia! (Updated – it’s now 2 for 2 with the shoutout from Singapore’s PM Lee!)
- Navigating ourselves through the regulatory developments in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Managing issues and crises, including helping turn the page on some reputational challenges.
There’s a whole lot more, for sure. It’s practically been an adventure from week to week. Nonetheless, it’s been a 6-star ride so far and I’m looking forward to what’s next. Here’s to more Uberversaries ahead!